View Single Post
Old 01-25-2013, 11:58 PM   #1
bronxbomerss2

My Ride: 05 325CI
Send a message via AIM to bronxbomerss2
Thumbs Up SSK from Tischer Review

Just a couple thoughts on the SSK you can get from tischer. First off DO IT!! i was worried i would have to take the exhaust off and the drive-shaft which almost made me not do this mod but im sure as hell glad i did! Not only was the process as easy as 1-2-3 but took 30 min MAX! honestly i could do it in half the time if i had to do it again. my biggest advice to DIYers would be take the time and get a little dirty and put the car on jack stands! this is necessary i found to get the clip of the selector rod, i honestly don't know how others did this inside the car. One other piece of advice if i may, test the shifter out before you put everything back together! Im glad i did! i was having a hard time putting on the clip and then it hit me....test it out first dumb a**!! so i did and sure enough i had the shifter backwards! which was no problem at that point since all i had to do was flip it! so problem avoided there. I knew it was backwards bc the shifter in 3rd was WAY to close to the center trim piece. with that being said all the tools needed for this mod was a jack, 2 jack stands, screw driver, and a long flat head....THATS IT! oh and a flashlight helps! i can honestly say there is at least a 30% decrease in the throw! i feel like driving is a hell of a lot more fun and engaging now! best mod i have ever done PERIOD! Shifts are more crisp and firm now and the ZHP shift knob goes perfect with the interior! don't think twice about this one, easy easy easy and worth every penny of the 140 i spent!
bronxbomerss2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.