View Single Post
Old 01-27-2013, 11:08 AM   #44
Grande D

My Ride: E90 M-Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamliner330 View Post
I've been through a slew of Android phones; I was waiting for the iPhone 5. I'm on Verizon and when I heard the iPhone 5 doesn't do simultaneous voice and data that pretty much made my decision. Every 4G LTE android phone have simultaneous voice and data. There is no reason for Apple to not provide this.

The other thing that really cemented the decision is the lack of setting default apps. I don't always want to use Safari, Apple Maps, etc when opening links and such. On Android, you can set what apps you want to load certain links by default...using the program you like, not what is forced on you.

Finally, connection with Google services is amazingly better on Android. YouTube and GMail support are just way better.

I miss a bit of the extra polish iPhone provides, but I feel I'd miss the functionality more.
There is a reason they don't offer it. It has to do with the chipset they chose and the antennas they include in the phone. It's not a software or firmware limitation.

I guess they didn't feel like building yet another antenna in the phone for the benefit of Verizon and Sprint. All the other carriers (with different 3G/network protocols) support voice and data on the iPhone 5.
Grande D is offline   Reply With Quote