View Single Post
Old 01-27-2013, 01:40 PM   #47
JJR4884

My Ride: BMW
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphawhiskey View Post
lol, please don't try to school me. I was on every new nightly out there (that's the very latest ROM, kernel, baseband, etc.) and on Jellybean before the official OTA push. The iphone 5 is faster, smoother, and does all the basics better than any current Android out there.

I've owned both, and unless you have too, please don't compare.

The S3 is a fine phone once you remove touchwiz and get to the Vanilla Android experience. It still is not as good as the iPhone 5 at the basics. And the iphone 5 is much faster/smoother despite whatever hardware they packed into the S3. I believe independent tests support that claim too.

All that aside, the most important thing is end-user real-world experience: iPhone 5 is just so much more of a pleasure to use.

I do look forward to the next generation of Androids. The next major OS overhaul should be a great one, and with better hardware coming out from those makers, we have a lot to be excited about.
Can't say it any better. I think the one thing I miss about my android is the home screen ability to hold your thumb on an empty space and you can add shortcuts from there. Aside from that..

Texting, camera, copy/paste, accuracy and ease of the keyboard, the smoothness/interface, toggling between apps, shutting down all apps, and the size/weight have it over the android/s3 all day long.

Call quality does go to the Andriod however. My calls are noticeably more muffled and spotty, something i always realized when i called someone with an iPhone. I don't drop calls, but even with full service (Verizon iPhone5) the calls are still broken up a little.
JJR4884 is offline   Reply With Quote