Thread: Blower Fan DIY
View Single Post
Old 01-28-2013, 01:25 PM   #186
100mileperhour

My Ride: 2000 323ci ZSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by paraklas View Post
Unfortunately it's a temporary / no-fix. The whistling sound is caused by wear on the 2 bearings so, no amount of air will do any good.
Well an unexpected ice day, called school off, so I didn't have to die trying to get to school to teach. So I worked on the fan today and I believe it was successful.

Now, I just got done and we'll see how long it lasts, but I'm hopeful that by a good cleaning and lubricating the bearings and shaft, I should have a quiet motor for sometime to come. It beats buying a new. However, this is of a P.T.IA. to get at those small torx screws in the back where the motor is bolted to its mount.

UPDATE - When I was reassembling the blower housing, I noticed that there was a "arm" that controlled the driver side flap that was disconnected. This was the fresh air blender, which now works, I now have warm air for my feet, hands and upper vents. Prior to this, I was just get cold outside air. So, this was a very successful day.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	blower motor.jpg
Views:	315
Size:	248.3 KB
ID:	488208  

German Car #1 - 2000 323ci ZSP Sport Package 223,000 miles and climbing 140 miles a day!
German Car #2 - 1984 Porsche 944 N/A 132,000 miles/Speed Yellow

Last edited by 100mileperhour; 01-28-2013 at 04:55 PM.
100mileperhour is offline   Reply With Quote