View Single Post
Old 01-29-2013, 05:51 PM   #18
bimmerfan08

My Ride: Phoenix Yellow M3
I try to learn and complete everything myself...very competitive and self-driven here. I don't like others touching my car and things of that nature because I feel if I do it then it's done right and done above and beyond (very anal here about most things). I question a lot of things. I'm very resourceful and do my research. I don't like paying others to do something I could learn myself. I will use anyone and everyone to get a leg up on things I don't quite understand and want to learn. I know who subject matter experts are and I will milk them for all the information they are worth just so I can be competent in something. It's to my own benefit to collaborate with others who are like-minded and have a desire for knowledge. However I am very much a team player and will return the same level of understanding and learning to folks. No one is perfect and will know everything.

Edit: but sometimes I must prioritize like others have said but I will always try to learn a new skill when the time permits.
The whole business of politics has been effectively subcontracted out to a band of professionals. Money people, outreach people, message people, research people. The rest of us are meant to feel like amateurs. In the sense of suckers. We become demotivated to learn more about how things work. We begin to opt out.

Last edited by bimmerfan08; 01-29-2013 at 06:07 PM.
bimmerfan08 is offline   Reply With Quote