View Single Post
Old 01-31-2013, 09:37 AM   #1
socalragtop

My Ride: 2001 330Ci
Another top problem

I just got my car a couple weeks ago. It's a 2002 352ci convertible. Everything was working fine with the top until a few days ago. It went down and wouldn't go back up. My wife reported she heard a clunk sound from the back when it went down. Also this was the first time we had put anything in the trunk. Although we did not push the top compartment up I'm sure it probably was moved a little. When the top went down this time the trunk was empty. I started messing with the compartment by opening and closing it and finally the top closed automatically but it would not latch in the front I had to seal it manually with the Allen key. Since then I have been reading endlessly here and elsewhere about broken wires, sensors, micro switches etc. I have also read the owners manual and the convertible PDF I found here. I want to start checking some of these things but I can't seem to get the top to open manually. I can unlatch the front with the key and I've pushed the button behind the rear seat but the top will not allow me to retract. I have put some pressure on it but don't want to make things worse by pushing too hard. Also I am unable to lift the rear window piece. Any insight on what I should do short of gong to the dealer will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Last edited by socalragtop; 01-31-2013 at 09:40 AM.
socalragtop is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.