View Single Post
Old 01-31-2013, 12:46 PM   #1
Bmwdad

My Ride: 2003 M3
Crazy day buying my new M3

Bought a 03 M3 yesterday. Been looking a while while trying to sell my 330i. Found a honey of a deal just outside Chicago and made my move....

First off its a 2.5 hr drive away. Dealer got it friday on a trade. This guy traded in my 03 M3 with only 42k. And traded in his 750i. Both cars traded on a new Equus. That new Hyundai to compete with bmw and Benz. It was $65,000. Good choice? Lol. So they put it up for sale Monday and I lost it to another guy they said. Called me up Tuesday and said the deal fell through. Didn't know why then. So Wednesday I drove up. The price was $16k. So I was frantic to get there before another. They wouldn't let me put down a deposit because so many people were calling about it. So I get there and it's near perfect. Hell it only had 42k on it. Then they tell me they upped the price! Now they want $18k. Obviously they misjudged how fast it would sell and wanted more. The guy before me lost it that way. I wasn't thrilled but still thought it was a steal. Got screwd on my trade in of course but signed away and then drove 2.5 hrs in freezing rain and light snow. Since the Midwest got a light storm yesterday. God I was scared. Of course it had summer sport tires lol. Long day but I'm happy. What's your thoughts on how the dealer handled the price. I still think its a great deal.

2003 M3 carbon black, 6spd 42,700 miles. All service records. Paid $17995
Bmwdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.