View Single Post
Old 02-01-2013, 01:45 AM   #23
peytonracer4
:D

My Ride: '00 328i
Quote:
Originally Posted by EverydayGetaway View Post
Under this logic you should be driving a Ford since without them nobody would be driving a car right now unless they were stinking rich. Yea, they started a trend, the problem is that they're well aware of it and they use that to gouge their prices. Thankfully people are starting to wake up and realize how limiting Apple is, they've gotten lazy.

I'm typing this up on a macbook, but if I were to buy a new computer today, it wouldn't be apple. They've fallen way behind in most regards, especially their phones... I don't understand why anyone would buy an iPhone when there are so many much more capable and customizable Android devices out there and for LESS.

I thankfully talked my GF out of an iPad by taking her to bestbuy and making her try out all the tablets including the iPad. Once I showed her how much more you could do with the Android devices she wanted nothing to do with the iPads, so I bought her an Asus TF700 for Christmas and it's fantastic

i didn't suggest everyone should buy apple. i didn't even say it was better or worse than any specific competing company. i was just stating that they opened the door for everyone who develops personal technology today, and that's really undeniable.

and as for starting the trend and gouging current prices because they started it, you could say the same thing about bmw.
bmw started their brand based on two things: performance and luxury.
because they did those things so well they now have crazy priced cars that are bleh. hell their "performance" cars are weighing around 4000 pounds these days.

but anyway, my only point was that the ipod started it all.

Last edited by peytonracer4; 02-01-2013 at 01:48 AM.
peytonracer4 is offline   Reply With Quote