View Single Post
Old 02-01-2013, 04:18 AM   #9
bronxbomerss2

My Ride: 05 325CI
Send a message via AIM to bronxbomerss2
Quote:
Originally Posted by peytonracer4 View Post
Do you need to remove the exhaust to do the selector rod? Or is it possible to do it without removing it
NO! I CAN'T SAY IT ENOUGH! sorry haha but no absolutely not i don't understand those who say you need to. Its not even a question of well it makes it easier...no it doesn't its not even remotely necessary! the clip is completely visible without removing the exhaust or drive shaft, like i said all you need is a long flat head to push the clip off the selector rod and then push the selector rod towards the driver side and is comes out and the shifter lever is free and it comes out like butter from the top end inside the car. I did this in my garage (with 2 propane heaters mind you since its freezing in IL) and 2 jack stands! on a scale of 1-10 with 1 being changing your headlight bub, id give this a easy 2. the difference is quit dramatic in my opinion, again best mod ive done in any car. the whole reason i have a 5speed is the love of shifting and this makes it a hell of a lot more fun!
bronxbomerss2 is offline   Reply With Quote