View Single Post
Old 02-02-2013, 10:38 AM   #11
325seeeye
Core Fanatic

My Ride: 325Ci, e36 325is
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lair View Post
Yes!

Each of the 5 members of your family will be forced to pay $350 a month for insurance.

Each.

I know people are dishonest enough to claim this is true. Is anyone stupid enough to believe it?
What are you talking about? The options are:

1.) Do not have health insurance, and pay a yearly penalty of ~$2000 to the government.

2.) Have health insurance. The "cost" of the policy depends on if you pay for it 100%, or your company pays part of it, or (if below income thresholds) the government will subsidize it.

This article is more about how the government intends to value a health care plan for taxation purposes.

Lair, you are self-employed, correct? Do you pay 100% of your insurance? What is your monthly premium? I looked at BCBS for my family a few years ago and it was $1400/month. I currently pay $350/month, and my company pays the rest (I have no idea what the percentage break-down between my and their cost is - I have ben trying to find that out, to no avail).

The bottom line is - How much does a healthcare plan cost? And how are people of different income brackets going to pay for the health care required?

Last edited by 325seeeye; 02-02-2013 at 10:39 AM.
325seeeye is offline   Reply With Quote