View Single Post
Old 02-03-2013, 07:55 PM   #19
z00

My Ride: E46 M3 Manual
What does liquid chalk do? Just like regular chalk gymnasts use? I never used chalk before.

I'm thinking of going straps route. They'll help me also with weighted pullups as weights get heavier. Which strap do you recommend? And I should only use them on heavy DL sets, correct? Where can I learn how to use straps correctly?

My gym requires shoes as well, but I workout late at night so not many people notice. I'm going to stick with barefoot for now. It feels the best for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Inline6 View Post
I workout in a corporate gym where shoes are mandatory. I wouldn't dead lift barefoot even if I could. I wear Nike Frees. I also ran into grip issues above 315 lbs., so I use liquid chalk or my straps when I perform my heavy sets. I disagree that the use of straps altogether is bad. That would be akin to saying that wrapping your knees during heavy squats is "bad for your squat". All the strap does is provide grip on what is otherwise a slippery bar. You are NOT suspending weight from your wrists using the strap (...and if you are, you're using the strap incorrectly, and good luck hoping that a strap is going to "hold onto" heavy weight on its own). I only use straps on my heavy set(s) however, and those sets range from 1-3 reps.

Last edited by z00; 02-03-2013 at 07:57 PM.
z00 is offline   Reply With Quote