View Single Post
Old 02-04-2013, 04:45 PM   #3267
sg_wannabe

My Ride: '06 M3 Coupe
Send a message via AIM to sg_wannabe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg@DetailedImage.com View Post
Glad to help!

1.) I would avoid cleaning those wheels in direct sun when possible, because often times the mineral deposits in water can leave residue behind or tech in to the wheels as it dries. If you do work in direct sun rinse them frequently. For maintenance cleanings soap and water is just fine. When you need a stronger cleaner the SONAX Wheel Cleaner Full Effect is top notch and it should be safe on all finishes including anodized wheels. To be safe I still always recommend testing a small area with any new product on any new surface.

The P21S Wheel Cleaner should also be safe on those wheels, but I haven't use P21S TAW on them to say for sure.

2.) I haven't used Prima so I don't have any experience to share there. For normal protection the Poorboy's World Wheel Sealant is top notch! It is very resistant to high temperature brake dust and it should help contaminants rinse clean.

Another option has recently come about for wheel protection called the 22ple VM1 Rim and Metal Coating. This stuff is incredibly strong and resistant to contaminants and brake dust. It should protect the wheels for a year or more! It's more expensive but it does work really well and the wheels look great afterward.

3.) Sealants are far more resistant to heat than any natural wax, so I'd highly recommend a sealant for under the hood. If you have a sealant handy you can certainly use that. If not the Klasse All In One (AIO) is one of my favorites, it's very durable and it helps clean while protecting.

Greg @ DI
thanks for replying w/ your detailed post.

gotcha on not cleaning in direct sun. i never do but this is a good reminder
i already use sonax for wheels, so i am set there.

i have used poorboys wheel sealant before on clearcoated wheels and loved it. i try as sealant on the anodized wheels.

yeah, i actually was gonna ask about 22ple. as far as you know, is it safe on anodized finish for sure? i was not able to get a confirmation on this.

i have menzerna power lock but also have lots of klasse AIO left. i can use the latter.

thanks again.