View Single Post
Old 02-04-2013, 09:44 PM   #2
James @ Saad Racing
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ST06M3 View Post
I havent posted much lately but I wanted to share my great experience with Saad/ProEFI. As you all know, I dont promote anyone. If I like a product, I will buy it and it express my opinion.

I was having an issue with idling hunting and the car would just stumble at a stop light and eventually die. This had been going on for a few months and it was extremely frustrating to drive since it would die about 75% of the time when rolling to a stop. During rush hour traffic, it was a major PITA. Saad (This applies to both Jim and Saad) and Jason showed good patience and worked with me (I was not in a good mood) to troubleshoot this issue. We went through several trial and error session and eventually turned out to be a bad VANOS which was sent to Dr.Vanos for refurb and reinstall and a faulty IAT. Jason looked over the tune and fixed some minor issues with the car running slightly rich, at idle and provided a software workaround for the IAT issue until we get that a new one ordered and replaced. Car now drives great and a bunch of the typical VANOS clacking noise is gone. Its really nice to have these guys local as they always took the time to address my concerns and issues.

I have been running the ProEFI kit for about 3 years and have nothing but good things to say. Last year I upgraded my turbo to a PT7175 DBB, with Saad HO coilpacks, Saad Stage 2 fuel system, and a few other misc items making it a hybrid Stage 3?? or 2.75...haha!. I am still running the HPF Stage 2.5 exhaust manifold and downpipes (3inch), with a AP exhaust and this car still made ~800WHP. If I had the same hardware as Marcus (Stage 3 pipes with massive 4 inch exhaust), I would have hit the same power as him. But I wanted to keep the car sounding close to stock and see how far I can push the existing HPF hardware. So far so good.

Thanks again Saad (Jim and Saad) and ProEFI (Jason) for the support!
Your welcome Jim
James @ Saad Racing is offline   Reply With Quote