View Single Post
Old 02-05-2013, 05:40 AM   #818
giggsy72

My Ride: 2001 E46 M3
Folks, I've got what some might consider some pretty basic questions, but I've scrolled through a lot of the forums and threads and have been unable to find answers so far. Hoping some of the knowledgeable people here can either answer, or steer me in the right direction. I have a 2001 E46 M3 and I'm looking to get the Dynavin E46 D99 installed to replace the original head-unit.
I've heard that the OBC data will only display on the Dynavin if your car has CAN-BUS. Is this an accurate statement? If so, how do I determine whether my vehicle has CAN-BUS, K-BUS or something else? I've also noticed on other forums various people talking about clones for the Dynavin unit. Is there any quick way to tell? Certainly what I've been told in HK is an original unit, compares well to what I can see on the many photos uploaded on the forum. But there are slight differences, like the microphone appearing to the left of the cd-slot at the top of the unit, or slightly different writing for the SD-card ports towards the base of the unit. Living this close to Shenzhen, you're always wary of knock-offs from across the border.
giggsy72 is offline   Reply With Quote