View Single Post
Old 02-05-2013, 09:02 AM   #7
Cru

My Ride: 2002 M3
I've run one for about a year and a half with headers, rasp terminator section 1, RE w/ EVC section 2, and stock muffler and it's been pretty amazing. Well worth it if you like things LOUD. The S54 engine will never really sound great so when it's that obnoxious it doesn't really matter haha...

But yes when it's closed it sounds exactly like what you are used to. After a while the dump valve can get gunked up and doesn't seal perfectly but it's not noticeable unless you're under the car. When it's open it just about shakes the ground and pops flames. At cruising through town speeds it's not really that bad though, I run my open 90% of the time. Install was easy and the switch mounts perfectly in a lot of places including the cig lighter.

I'm changing to a bimmerworld race exhaust next month. Not sure when you're trying to buy one but I'll have mine up for sale soon with less than 8k miles on it. Sometimes they go on backorder too, I had to wait like 4 months for mine

Here's a vid of mine with the valve open at the track. It's in car but with a mic'd GoPro.

******** width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/WO0sk3BI5d0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen>*********>

2002 M3 Coupe in Babypoop Yellow
Cru is offline   Reply With Quote