View Single Post
Old 02-06-2013, 11:49 AM   #9
Redflea

My Ride: 2005 330Ci/2003 530i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poncho@home View Post
Where's the pic?

How quick is it to install & remove? I need my rear seat often for my daughter, but there are times I might be interested in using it, I just don't want to waste too much time on it.
Depends on how tall she is - maybe have her crouch down under it?

The deflector goes in an out very easily, though it is better w/two people. WIth the top down, press the top up button briefly to open the top cover a foot or two.

Then unfold the deflector. The pins at either end that go into the mount holes are spring loaded, so you can trip one open, insert it, and go to the other side of the car and position the other pin in the mount hole, and the two arms on the back ends, and then release the pin to mount. (The two short arms on the rear corners of the horizontal piece sit in slots on either side of the seats to hold the rear of the deflector up and lock it into the car when the top cover is down.) Then press the top down button to close the top cover.

When removed it can be folded up and stored in the trunk or garage. When folded and in the case the dimensions are 29Lx5Wx18H. Pic attached w/a magazine on it to give you some scale.

Takes maybe all of a couple of minutes to install/remove once you've done it a few times.

Really depends on what the primary use of your vert is...primary around town and regularly w/the kids, other car for longer trips or majority of trips incude the kids, it might not be worth it. But if you're doing weekend get-aways up/down the freeway w/the wife in the vert I'd say it's definitely worth it. If you are patient you should be able to grab one for around $250.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20130206_084051.jpg
Views:	237
Size:	133.8 KB
ID:	489555  
Redflea is offline   Reply With Quote