View Single Post
Old 02-07-2013, 03:12 AM   #11
brew

My Ride: Sequoia X5 MR2 G20
Quote:
Originally Posted by saxual328ci View Post
Grammar can be based on someone's cultural environment or education background. When some are set in a learning environment they tend to reference real life experience instead of learning the rules for proper grammar. Have you ever heard of the expression "You talk a good game" ? Anyone can speak proper but if you can back that up with some knowledge, then it means nothing. Also, it is a known fact that America has been one sided for years on education. So much so that, you can meet someone who has a 5th grade education but still has a lot of knowledge in a field that they are passion about. I was watching a documentary on George Washington Carver. He had no formal education prior to college. What he did has was a thirst for knowledge. This guy invented stuff back in 1890s that we still use today.

Plus in America we don't speak or write English. Its a form of English. Over 400 million versions of the "English" language. Pop culture and immigrants changes the way we "speak". Again, for this reason you can judge someone on the grammar (verbally or literally)

I totally agree.
I judge people more on posts like this. This is complete gibberish. I went camping this summer with some guys who eat psychedelics for a living (literally) - and at one point one of them had taken 30 hits of acid and was frying off the charts . . and the stuff coming out of his mouth was far more lucid and logical than what saxual328ci just wrote.
brew is online now   Reply With Quote