View Single Post
Old 02-07-2013, 08:46 AM   #17
heechkass

My Ride: 323i Touring, 2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by spherehunter View Post
2001 325i with 78k
Damn that is low miles. I guess the car is garaged. As such, the car must be great shape.
What to replace is a matter of philosophy and how well you know your car and disposable income.
Some believe since you need to change a part and you are already in there, to change it all. Others play the wait and see card.
In addition to the hoses, I would change the ET since they usually fail at around 100k. I've seen radiators that have failed at 100k as well, but not usual. They are cheap and easy enough DIY. So if you have the money, and you're going to have it all apart, then change as well.
Throw in the sensor and she transmission check valve.
There are hose lines that are in the front and accessible to easily replace. Then there are two lines that connect from the ET to the engine that connect under the intake manifold. you may want to plan to replace these at another (weekend) time sine the manifold has to be taken off.

Lastly, since you'll have the front end taken apart including belts, i would recommend replacing belts, tensioners and pulleys. They usually go bad around 100k as well. Make sure you get the correct types (hydraulic vs mechanical).

Hope this helps. Enjoy.
heechkass is offline   Reply With Quote