View Single Post
Old 02-07-2013, 01:23 PM   #214
Fidget

My Ride: BMW
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbamathews View Post
I know I do not have a lot of clout on the forums as I am a newbie to them but..... I think you may be missing the "need" of most the forum members including myself interested in this product. I am a small automotive business owner myself and can completely understand the troubles you have run into. However....

Here is the problem, in order for BSW to correct their blunder consumers NEED a projected time frame. Even if you guys at BSW want to play it safe and give yourselves extra time (if you expect the project completed in 6 months say 1 year, etc...) Many people including myself have been holding out on upgrading their audio system. However.... I am finally at the point where I need to make a decision if I proceed to build a system w/o the amp or if I wait longer for the project. Those of us in limbo NEED some kind of guidance. For instance I am willing to wait 6-9 months but am in no way willing to wait 2 years.
While I know your point, I also know that they are unlikely to be willing to provide a timeline.

From their perspective this amp has been a fiasco now. It is a blot on their reputation as a company and it has already hurt their credibility, they dont want to risk something going wrong and hurting their reputation further.

Until now we have heard story upon story of "just a little delay" and "small issues" and "testing" so the community is unlikely to believe that any future announcement of a delay is legitimate. The amp has been a huge public relations nightmare for them. You run a small business and know that reputation matters, they burned a lot of that reputation capital in the community with the amp project and recovering that will NOT be easy. It takes a lot of work to build and more to re rebuild a good reputation, and they have taken a big hit to that already. It is unlikely they will want to risk further damage by putting a date out before it is VERY close to done.
Fidget is offline   Reply With Quote