View Single Post
Old 02-09-2013, 06:04 AM   #721
dmax

My Ride: '99 328i 1.04646 mu
Quote:
Originally Posted by TerraPhantm View Post
You can do HIDs in a prefacelift. You should be able to follow this thread more or less exactly. Or you can buy a set of OEM HIDs and use those.

Technically recoding the LCM is optional if you use an error canceler... but I think recoding it is the best way to go. If you're willing to buy a cable, I can guide you to coding your LCM.
Thank you, Terra. It's hard for me to follow the lighting threads as there is so much terminology I don't understand, but I really appreciate your offer...that I do understand! I might take you up on that.

First for me, finally new control arms and front wheel bearings! Whoot.

Then lights.

Apropos, I know it's illegal to run with our high beams on, but I know I could tilt my lights down so they wouldn't shine in other drivers' eyes. Has anyone tried driving like this...with headlights tilted down so you can drive with highlights on. I get great light with all four bulbs shining. Would it be too obvious with cops? I do see many cars with 'fogs' on next to the regular headlights and it looks like 4 beams on...so I'm wondering if I could maybe fly under the law enforcing 'radar.' Probably not, right?

dmax on the radio--answering all your car questions as best I can!
watsonnwatson.com every Wednesday at 9 p.m. NYC time. Call in! (661) 449-9340 Click "Watch and Chat"
Please 'friend' me!
https://www.facebook.com/DMaxstandup
dmax is offline   Reply With Quote