E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Slamming an XI

6K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  330xIce 
#1 ·
Hey guys I've always loved the look of the e46 wagons and want to do a build on one problem is I hear a lot of rumors that they can't be slammed or even lowered at all and it's scaring me away from picking one up.... So if anyone knows please tell me if it can be done and what I can do to avoid these problems people speak of. I want a serious drop, like barely drivable.

Help me out! Is it possible

#2 ·
Hey guys I've always loved the look of the e46 wagons and want to do a build on one problem is I hear a lot of rumors that they can't be slammed or even lowered at all and it's scaring me away from picking one up.... So if anyone knows please tell me if it can be done and what I can do to avoid these problems people speak of. I want a serious drop, like barely drivable.

Help me out! Is it possible
:hmm:

Probably gonna get hella hate for wanting it to be "barely drivable" lol.

Search bar always helps though.

#4 ·
If you want to 'slam' a BMW don't get a Xi - something with the Front Axles and CV Boots tend to leak and get too much stress cause of it. I heard a modest drop of 1" to maybe 2" is alright, but also I heard tie-rods snap. I have an Xi myself, and researched the same thing just to find controversy on the subject. I dont see the reasoning in slamming cars, but if you want that, get a regular BMW with RWD - no problems there.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.