View Single Post
Old 02-10-2013, 12:04 AM   #722
TerraPhantm

My Ride: 2005 M3 Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmax View Post
Thank you, Terra. It's hard for me to follow the lighting threads as there is so much terminology I don't understand, but I really appreciate your offer...that I do understand! I might take you up on that.

First for me, finally new control arms and front wheel bearings! Whoot.

Then lights.

Apropos, I know it's illegal to run with our high beams on, but I know I could tilt my lights down so they wouldn't shine in other drivers' eyes. Has anyone tried driving like this...with headlights tilted down so you can drive with highlights on. I get great light with all four bulbs shining. Would it be too obvious with cops? I do see many cars with 'fogs' on next to the regular headlights and it looks like 4 beams on...so I'm wondering if I could maybe fly under the law enforcing 'radar.' Probably not, right?
I don't know if you can tilt them down far enough. And I don't know how much it would help, since the low beams would be pointing extremely low.

If you want brighter halogens, it might be worth considering the Osram Rallye bulbs -- they're 65W H7s (essentially an H9 burner on an H7 base). I think they're something like 50% brigher.
TerraPhantm is offline   Reply With Quote