View Single Post
Old 02-10-2013, 01:47 PM   #5
badfast

My Ride: A Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerfan08 View Post
The first is an unusual case for a flat tax: "What we need to do is come up with something simple. And when I pick up my Bible, you know what I see? I see the fairest individual in the universe, God, and he's given us a system. It's called a tithe.

"Here's my solution: When a person is born, give him a birth certificate, an electronic medical record, and a health savings account to which money can be contributed-pretax-from the time you're born 'til the time you die. If you die, you can pass it on to your family members, and there's nobody talking about death panels. We can make contributions for people who are indigent. Instead of sending all this money to some bureaucracy, let's put it in their HSAs. Now they have some control over their own health care. And very quickly they're going to learn how to be responsible."
The first section is silly. Not necessarily the flat tax itself but how he arrives at his argument. God created the tithe system? And we should take modern day tax advice from the Bronze Age? No thanks.

The second part. There are many inherent problems with his suggestion. The suggestion is too ludicrous to even waste time listing out its flaws.
badfast is offline   Reply With Quote