View Single Post
Old 02-13-2013, 01:35 AM   #4778
fsmtnbiker

My Ride: 97 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy2108 View Post
What year are you?

Ft. Collins is honestly a big plus for CSU. I like the college town thing. Plus that foothills campus and all. I'm old so I'll turn 21 during the second half of my sophomore semester.

Currently I've been going to a (supposedly, it's what they tell me) very challenging college-prep high school. I'd like to think that I'll be ready for lots of work. I understand that that's what college is about though.

My main cons for CSU are just the classic big state school stuff. Class size / individual attention / getting help.

I need to make sure that I'm convinced that CSU is worth it over KU. They're both fairly similar as far as I can tell, I haven't compared them directly enough yet. KU would be way cheaper and 45 mins from home instead of 10 hours. Big difference in an M3 on 600lb/in linear springs

You might be able to answer this question: DU is in Denver which is a huge economic center, but what about CSU? How available/good are Co-op, internship, and ultimately job offers for CSU kids?
I'm a Junior (I'm even older than you... I've been in/out of school a few times.)

There are tons of internships available. We just had our spring job fair and there were 50+ companies hiring for engineers. If you do well (3.0+ gpa) you will have an internship no problem. There are a few companies in FoCo that hire engineers and more in Denver.

Worth it over going to KU? Can't answer that one. Colorado over Kansas? uh... yeah. duh.

The roads here aren't awful. I daily'd my E36 on 680/800 for several years.
fsmtnbiker is offline   Reply With Quote