View Single Post
Old 02-14-2013, 01:25 PM   #1
bikesandcars

My Ride: 2002 325xi-sport pkg
sport suspension getting rougher over time? what are my options?

I put Eibach pro-kit springs with Bilstein struts on my 2002 325xi about 4k miles ago. I also upgraded to powerflex bushings.

I have a LONG commute (80 miles each way), so maybe it's just too much time in the car... but..

It really seems like my suspension is getting rougher by the day... when I first installed the springs / struts the car seemed very tight. Now every time I hit a crack in the pavement it seems like it shakes the whole car. Is it possible for the suspension to get harsher and the bumps to get nastier in such a short amount of time?

This suspension is not what I wanted, so I'm seriously considering something softer... I'm not sure if it's the eibach's or the bilstien's or even the powerflex bushings that are contributing the most to the harshness. Does anyone have experience with softer setups or maybe has gone through this situation?

I should note that I bought the car 5,000 miles ago, and ran it with the stock suspension for a couple weeks. I thought the stock suspension was much better over these northeast highway potholes and big bumps.

There's one bump where concrete meets asphalt after a bridge that I hit every day.. with the stock setup it soaked it up pretty well,.. with this current setup it's "BAM".. makes me wince

Last edited by bikesandcars; 02-14-2013 at 01:28 PM.
bikesandcars is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.