View Single Post
Old 02-15-2013, 10:59 AM   #1
Sinful7
Banned User

My Ride: e46 m3
Looking for a tuner Illinois/Iowa, and question

I have a 2003 e46 m3 with a smg trans.. Currently It is bone stock, I however have a full agency header setup (catless), resonated mid pipes, and an agency race exhaust system. I also will be bolting on a K&N intake system. I plan to bolt this all on myself, then drive it to a tuner who is local to me somewhat and have it strapped on and tuned.. I am from Davenport Iowa, so within 2 hours from me is Des Moines, and Chicago area.. One I think its safe to drive with these mods on my car without a tune, I will just most likely get a check engine light right? And 2 is there any tuner around that can do this I can make an appointment with? Or should I just order a shark injector and do it in my driveway? Final note, I see that average gains for what I am going to do to my m3? I see typical oem dynos around 280whp, and mods like mine tuned may put me around 300whp? Is this true or just false claims by tuning companies? I really don't want to go to a dyno for a tune with a false idea im going to gain 50whp when the truth is I wont see it at all… Not trying to set myself up for disappointment guys? Hope ya understand.. any thoughts?
Sinful7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.