View Single Post
Old 02-15-2013, 08:58 PM   #85
rdsesq
ouroboros autorotica

My Ride: 2002 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerfan08 View Post
Creating value isn't the only component for determining salary. Things like stress, expertise, attention to detail, responsibilities, passion/devotion, and service are also critical factors. Surgeons and most salaried professions are compensated about right imo for this country. Salaried professionals like myself give up my personal time, my time with my family, vacations, time to run errands, etc. I think it's safe to say with the amount of work high functioning professionals are required to do and the time they put in, the little bit of extra monetary compensation shouldn't be an issue and in fact encouraged. People don't like it, well shut it, educate yourself (not necessarily in the form of a degree), and better yourself like those of us who do it humbly. Boohoo the world isn't a fair place and not every thing can be equal.

Surgeons are usually required to be on call 24 hrs/day 7 days a week. I'm sure the schedules of the other hospital personnel are much more lax btw.
Where in hades did I ever say I take issue with the delta in monetary comp. I am a high functioning salaried professional as well. I understand the trade-offs.

And you are right, the world isn't a fair place. So all those people (including myself) who pay more in taxes than others who make less should just need to accept that the world isn't a fair place. (I accept this) You make more, you pay more. Suck it up, buttercup.

quis custodiet ipsos custodes
rdsesq is offline   Reply With Quote