View Single Post
Old 02-15-2013, 11:08 PM   #89
NFRs2000nyc

My Ride: 2003 FormulaRedS2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdsesq View Post
No need not to support them either.

But, that was not the point. The point was that the value of people's "americaness" is not a graph based on how much one earns. There is dignity to be found in work all along the wage scale.

We have set up a society were anything less than "the big house on the hill over looking the stewage below" is failure. That is balderdash. It is this mentality that creates a huge social divide and fuels "class warfare".

I didn't make a sacrifice, I made a choice. I never said it was the right choice. In some ways it was, in others it was not. That is the point. If somebody makes the choice to go out and make a big chunk of cash, great. More power to them. They know that part of that choice, if they succeed will be a higher tax bracket. It is a repercussion of the choice they make.
I don't agree with the bold. Hell, I don't even want that life. I want a comfortable life, with a decent home, a nice yard for the kids to play in, and for the government to keep their hands away from my family, my property, my guns and my money. The millionaires are just scapegoats IMHO.

I also disagree with your last paragraph, although that is personal. I view that as sacrifice. I worked two jobs when all my friends were out partying, hanging out with chicks, whatever. I spent my college years slaving away at work and studying (and saving) while they all went out and had a good time. I sacrificed social time, fun, a nice car, etc, all for the smarter move of saving/investing my money, building my resume with work, etc. A sacrifice doesn't have to be painful. All sacrifices are choices.