View Single Post
Old 02-16-2013, 10:22 AM   #93
bimmerfan08

My Ride: Phoenix Yellow M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdsesq View Post
Where in hades did I ever say I take issue with the delta in monetary comp. I am a high functioning salaried professional as well. I understand the trade-offs.

And you are right, the world isn't a fair place. So all those people (including myself) who pay more in taxes than others who make less should just need to accept that the world isn't a fair place. (I accept this) You make more, you pay more. Suck it up, buttercup.
Paying more taxes is not the issue I have although it can be argued vice versa depending on your stance. It's about closing the gap in pay differences among professions as it appeared you were eluding to. Who's to say your "morals" are right? About having to pay more for the lesser in our society? For someone with no "morals", you sure do stand up for the little guy a lot.
"Economics cannot answer such normative or prescriptive questions about how much of our market incomes, if any, should be transferred to poor families. This is a political question that can only be answered at the ballot box, or in some countries, at the point of a gun."
bimmerfan08 is offline   Reply With Quote