View Single Post
Old 02-17-2013, 09:31 PM   #1
slowrunningE46

My Ride: 01 330i
Key fob and clock light on dash wont go off

Been reading forums on problems with the key fob. I have a problem myself and hope its nothing too big to fix. First off I've been having problems with my 01 330i having no heat. Still haven't fixed that problem, but I parked the car outside since December. Starting it two times a week to make sure it idles good and the battery is good. Well today, I figured I would fool around with it trying to fix my heat. I didn't start it mid week, so this was the first time in 8 days I started it. I pushed the unlock key and it wouldn't unlock. So I manually put the key in and unlocked the door. Opened the door and the alarm was going off. I couldn't cut it off with the key, so I stuck the key in the ignition and started the car so the alarm would shut off. I let it idle for 20 min and turned it off and noticed the dash light was still on where the clock was when I took the key out. I couldn't lock the car with the key, so I locked the door manually and the light stayed on. Two minutes later the alarm goes off and eventually stops after a few minutes. Now the light is on where the clock is and its killing my battery. My key doesn't work to lock and unlock. I think the alarm is still armed ever since I started it with the key the first time. Anyone know what I should do. I disconnected the battery and left it like that. Its either the key battery or the car battery. I need to find a way to get the key to work and I think the dash light will turn off. (The alarm light isn't blinking on the rear view mirror). Please, throw your suggestions my way. Thanks
slowrunningE46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.