View Single Post
Old 02-18-2013, 12:53 PM   #1
Sweetness
E46 is strong with this one

My Ride: '01 325i
Let's Talk: Heating Blankets for E46

Hey guys; after having the cold come back after a week or two of decent weather, I have become inspired and driven to get a heating blanket for the E46. Let me start off by saying a couple things:

1) BMW did make a block heater; but after hours of searching, I'm pretty sure they are discontinued, or are basically non-existent.

2) I don't want a pad that "sticks" inside the oil pan, or on the outside...that seems dangerous for the car at first, and I don't want this thing to be on my car year round.

3)I have become interested in the actual heating blankets that you just drape on top of the engine when you need to, and then plug it in. Close the hood while heating. This seems great. Just take it out, heat it up, remove, and then go on my way.

So what are my options? A quick search netted me a couple blankets from $250 up to $1,000, which is ridiculous. My price range is less than $200...ideally, around $100. Can anyone help out? I'd love to be the test subject and let everyone know how it goes.

Thanks.
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.