View Single Post
Old 02-18-2013, 01:04 PM   #7
cposk

My Ride: 08' E90 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetness View Post
You cannot be more wrong.

There is no work at all. I buy it, it shows up to my door, and when it gets cold, I put on my car and warms engine and all the fluids to normal temp. Starting engine at 5 degrees is not "normal". It's bad for the bearings, and pretty much all the engine components. In a perfect world, engines run in temperatures of 72 degrees outside at all times. And remote start? This isn't a E90 M3. In our cars, they will stall out, if not run rough for at least 5 minutes. It's in the owner's manual to start driving right away after engine ignition.

Sorry man, but that post has zero credibility. This is not a '72 Chevy. A lot of people can back me on this.
What I meant was having to put the blanket under there, plug it in, then remove it before starting the car. And I agree that it is not "ideal" to start the car in 5 degrees, it was taken into account when the engine was designed.

And I'm very aware of the car stalling out. I have to keep my foot on the gas to stop my E46 from stalling out at a stop in the morning (but I thought doing the vanos seals would fix it).