View Single Post
Old 02-18-2013, 09:01 PM   #41
bimmerfan08

My Ride: Phoenix Yellow M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by rapier7 View Post
You think I'm kidding? I was born in Beijing. I came here when I was 3. I am literally a first generation immigrant. I'm very grateful for the fact that I was able to come to the US and begrudge no one the ability nor desire to do the same.

How are we rewarding them? We're granting them a reprieve. They can finally come out of the shadows and stop being preyed upon by people who exploit their illegal status. I don't blame anybody for wanting to move from a poor country to a rich country. That kind of thing should not be illegal.

My parents vote Democrat and they support comprehensive immigration reform. Plus do you realize how stupid you sound? How is my argument the "**** you, I got mine" argument? That's YOUR argument. I want them to come. Every one. Let them come and stop forcing them to wait years and spend thousands of dollars before being granted immigrant visas. AND I want the illegal immigrants currently here to have a chance to live life as Americans.
If we just let anyone and everyone into our country, it would crumble rather quickly.

Not even mentioning the efficiencies of larger countries.

As divided as this country is, at least we are one.
bimmerfan08 is offline   Reply With Quote