View Single Post
Old 02-19-2013, 07:00 PM   #135
Banned User
My Ride: E46 M3 Manual
We're in agreement. I talked to few personal trainers and they said they keep beginners away from DLs and squats. But I guess BB presses also require good form to avoid injury.

However, 2 years ago I had a rotator cuff injury, my surgeon showed me in xrays that my shoulders were impinged especially right one. After 6 months of PT, when I started doing light workouts, only BB and dips used to bother my shoulders really bad. So that's why I stay away from incline BB. Flat BB is fine as long as one does not go over 90 angle and do it right.

Originally Posted by M3Inline6 View Post
Balance is definitely good. I mix up incline dumbbell/barbell movements often, but I ALWAYS flat bench. The barbell is the way to put mass on and widen your frame. I'd wager that the trainers - assuming that they know what they are doing and aren't just regurgitating information derived from media sources - recommend dumbbell over barbell because they are more idiot-proof. Rarely does anybody f@ck themselves up doing dumbbell work; the same can't be said for barbell work (..and that goes for any type of barbell work; it requires more from the lifter).