View Single Post
Old 02-20-2013, 02:40 AM   #280
Trashcan

My Ride: 2002 330ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkodama View Post
I've been giving a go at it daily. I'm 5'9" and 157 pounds, and lately I've been trying to lose more weight, but it's hard, lol. At the 6th pullup I'm struggling and form is starting to get sloppy, can't go all the way up on the 7th.
You shouldn't be working out any muscle 2 days in a row. There's many other forms of pullups you could do that would help keep your muscles confused so you can continue making gains.

The pullup is a compound lift, and depending on the exact style you do, it's generally working mostly the back, but also shoulders, biceps and chest. Working out all these muscles properly would benefit your pullup abilities. Many different forms of pushups would benefit several of these muscle groups also.

I know I'm not the most knowledgeable member here, but i believe i could definitely help you. If you have more in depth questions regarding exercises, form or if you want videos describing anything, feel free to pm me or ask here.

If i remember correctly, you don't have a gym membership or home gym, so there's many exercises you can do that utilize your body weight for resistance.

I hope i was of some help, feel free to ask away!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Bimmer App
Trashcan is offline   Reply With Quote