View Single Post
Old 02-22-2013, 06:48 AM   #46
the_iceman

My Ride: 99 323i RIP,01 330ci
Love the debate and thought I'd add my 2. First a foremost...just about anyone can drive fast in a straight line. Case in point...the fast and furious movies that spawned the crazy ***** generation. It takes skill as a driver to be fast in the corners. I think what is being missed in this debate is the fact that there are many different lines you can take on the track. The challenge is finding the fastest one. In my humble opinion looking at the videos....the 330ci is taking a much different line then the other two. My personal example of this was at the glen this past July in an EMRA time trial event. Registered last and didn't feel like reading specifics in the rule book for classing so I just went with the top class so I didn't have to worry. Long story short I was up against two race prepped cars. A mustang gt and corvette. I swear on everything holy that my car was basically stock. The engine was bone stock hadn't touched it. The only work I had done was coilovers, urethane bushings, hawk pads, and a staggered wheel setup. I'll let the times speak for themselves....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1361537319.706148.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	31.1 KB
ID:	491893  
the_iceman is offline   Reply With Quote