View Single Post
Old 02-24-2013, 12:50 AM   #1
B_M_W

My Ride: 2002 BMW 330Ci
Post Wheel bearings, Axles, Driveshaft, etc...

I have a 2002 BMW 330Ci and it has 150000 miles. Very well maintained and I've done all work myself on it as opposed to taking it to a shop and breaking my wallet. I recently had to change right from wheel bearing and after I corrected, it still had some shudder in the steering but not near the vibrations throughout the car and road noise. After what seemed like a balance issue at first since I corrected how the wheel grabbed the road, I was recommended change the front tires and it should straighten it out due to a round in the tire from it riding cocked with the bad bearing. Now, with two new tires there is zero road noise or vibration or pulling left/right in steering.. just at about 65mph+ I can feel an almost grinding feeling with my foot on the gas pedal & ever slight vibration which may be coming from the rear, hard to tell. At those speeds there is a slight and slow 'lull' sound that I can't tell where is coming from that doesn't seem to match the wheel speed; my father suggested possibly a rear bearing going bad or a weight on the driveshaft off making it vibrate slightly at higher speeds. Wheels have just been balanced and I'm trying to find answers. If you think you can help, drop a line. Thanks!
B_M_W is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.