View Single Post
Old 02-24-2013, 01:24 PM   #13
Cpconst

My Ride: 2004 e46 m3
I bought an 04 330 ci last month with 134,000 miles and had no idea of previous maintence. (Paid $6100). I assumed it needed a lot so I researched and found Mango's thread. Awesome list of to do items for high mileage e46's so here's what I've done in the last month:

Front and rear rotors and pads
Front control arms and related bushings
Coil over set-up
Valve cover gasket
NGK plugs
Water pump, pulleys, belts and hoses,
Thermostats ( main and auto tranny)
Radiator had a Behr sticker from May of 2012
Tensioner
Expansion tank and bracket
Windshield washer pump
Refinished four wheels (curbage)
Re-wrapped A and C pillars
Oil and filter
Coolant flush
Brake fluid flush
Sent out rear view mirror and had it repaired by sybesma's electronics

Still need to fix sunroof shade and probably replace motor cause its not working.
Power steering pump took a dump yesterday so I just ordered one.
Debating on a tranny flush.

All in all its been a fun project for my son and myself. I bought the car knowing it was going to need a little work so nothing has been a surprise to me. I also have the comfort of knowing I have the resources of E46 Fanatics with people's experiences and knowledge of already tackling anything that I will have to face in the future. Thank God parts are easy to find and most are cheaper than those for Toyota and Honda. People that go out and buy a high mileage e46 shouldn't expect they will be able to just fill up and drive without doing some preventative maintence. I do have to say that having a two post lift makes everything just a little bit easier.
Cpconst is offline   Reply With Quote