View Single Post
Old 02-24-2013, 05:05 PM   #312857
323ci newbie

My Ride: mkodama
Quote:
Originally Posted by hizhinezz View Post
Omg really? REALLY???

Music taste is mucho subjectivo but Im guessing you either don't generate like electronic music or you haven't had a proper introduction. DP and, I suppose arguably DG, are merely very popular electronic artists. Many of the best DJs you will never hear on the radio because they don't remix pop songs, guys like Sasha and John Digweed and Paul Oakenfold had whole careers as electronic superstars, as DJs at least, before anyone here played any techno on the radio. Guetta is shite compared to them, populist crap. I'm a Daft Punk fan since roughy 1990 but they're also pretty mainstream and radio friendly, much props for both creating and mixing their own beats, vs just playing DJ, but there's way sicker peeps out there, few who do not spin themselves might even know their names because all they do is create records that others spin while DJ'g. One of my favorites in this regard would be someone like Nightcrawlers. I'd suggest you dig a bit deeper if you're so inclined (its perfectly fine to hate the whole genre too) but there are a lot of acts that you might like even better. In terms of readily available easily digestible soup to nuts artists (create music and mix tracks/sets) I'd recommend SFs own Kaskade, Zedd and DaDa Life, or if you're more prone to rock sounds you might like another local artist Bassnectar.

But if you ever want get down to the real nitty gritty stuff that you may never hear on the radio but is I believe the best, let me know and I'll make you up a CD sometime...

Right Ramin?
that's cute

Also you don't recognize me harassing the French