View Single Post
Old 02-26-2013, 12:29 AM   #26
chapa6sigma

My Ride: Motorcar
hey thanks for tips. I was able to find the right area and remove some things on my own. I bought a cheap torx set to use. I just found a site that has bmw parts and I can order the exact bmw siren and bmw siren holder part for around 130 bucks I think. Hopefully I'll be able to get that soon. I love my car, it has almost 49,500 miles on it. I actually don't want to see the big 5 zero! My 2005 should hopefully retain a lot of value. I'm actually starting to use my car just for occassional weekend use - which makes me miss driving it more. I'm the second owner. First guy really never drove it and I picked it up a couple years ago with 19,000. I had a lot of fun putting 30 k miles on it. I upgraded my headlights to a different k temp. I upgraded fog lights to HID with same k temp. Other than some upgraded custom installed bass and additional amp and capacitor and an 3.5mm input jack...i've kept the car pretty stock. It already had some upgrades including harmon kardon system which i love. I also added the infamous lip spoiler, a verty subtle touch. A clean looking actual bmw license plate holder with no visible screws. No licence in front of car at all. vanity license plates. bmw air tire caps. I kept it simple. Any and all other automotive money for this car went to top of the line gasoline, car care products, and maintenance/repairs/ (when the warranty expired) and good tires. Finding a GOOD mechanic was tough! I went through five or six after leaving the comfort of the dealers warranty and free rentals.
chapa6sigma is offline   Reply With Quote