View Single Post
Old 02-28-2013, 02:46 PM   #223
briangl92

My Ride: A08 ZSP ZPP SULEV
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear77 View Post
UPDATE: Dealer found a bad DME and replaced it under the M56 SULEV Warranty. Thank God, because that's a $2,500 part!

The bad news: I got about 2 miles down the road and my SES light came back on. So back to the dealer on my way home.

As for the VANOS oil line, it looks like I'm on my own for that. East Bay BMW said the list I posted here earlier was comprehensive as far as what they would replace under the warranty. If it's not on the list, they won't cover it.
Yikes. Glad it got taken care of!

It might be an issue of adaptations. I know whenever my car has been reflashed, the SES light will be on for the first probably 50 miles until the DME registers adaptations. Although, the SES light comes on as soon as the work is done, in that case.

VANOS oil line is a fairly easy DIY if you want to go that route. Just make sure to get new crush washers.

On another note, I think my car might have failed VANOS seals. I'm getting really odd performance as the RPM crosses 2500. It almost feels as if the car has dropped a gear (using manual mode, so it didn't downshift), and there's not much power in 5th gear below 2500. I'll lose speed and RPM going up even the slightest of grades.

I'm going to have a forum member check it out via INPA, then I'll have to decide whether I want to take it to the dealer or go with the Beisan seals.

Last edited by briangl92; 02-28-2013 at 02:52 PM.
briangl92 is offline   Reply With Quote