View Single Post
Old 02-28-2013, 06:08 PM   #29
NFRs2000nyc

My Ride: 2003 FormulaRedS2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdsesq View Post
This is quite comical. Some how those who "don't want anybody telling me how to raise my kids, so don't let gays marry or allow gay partner equality stories in elementary schools" all of a sudden take issue with a how a parent is raising their kid. After this parent has sought professional help on the question, and has chosen to raise their child as transgender.

The sheer hypocrisy is gonna keep me til the NCAA tourney starts.

We have heard from some around here the cries of reverse discrimination, and how we can never move past race issues with the likes of Jessie Jackson and Al Sharpton and how race needs to be ignored to advance past racism. Why is it that these self same people can't embrace the idea when it comes to gender? Who gives a damn. If this kid and the kid's parents are happy with the transgender decision, then is that anybody else's business?

Way to many people, including a few around here, seem way to concerned with this kid's genitalia. It is really creepy and disgusting.

Unisex restrooms are the answer. Or perhaps a selection, "boys", "girls", & "undecided" should cover it.

All this thread really shows is that way to many people are way to concerned with other people's gender and gender identities. Do you think these "abnormal" kids are carrying some kind of "confusion contagion"? What, are they gonna infect your kids and make them "abnormal" too?
It isn't and I could care less what they do with their own child. It's their child and they can treat them as they see fit.

Having said that, having said child use the same bathroom as my daughter now intrudes into MY rights (my daughters rights specifically)....and THAT I have a problem with.

Unisex bathrooms are the answer? So the first time a girl gets raped in the bathroom you'll say what? We need to change the entire bathroom system in this country because of a problem that doesn't exist? How about unisex locker-rooms and showers? Hell, I would have loved that in high school, we had some seriously hot girls in my school. What about malls? Restaurants? Airports? Train stations? All have unisex bathrooms as well?

Last edited by NFRs2000nyc; 02-28-2013 at 06:10 PM.
NFRs2000nyc is offline   Reply With Quote