Update on steptronic transmission
Here is an update on my transmission. Last week on Wednesday I warmed up my transmission so I could move it. I decided to try Trans Tune, made by seafoam since I figured at this point it couldn't hurt a already messed up trans. Here is what I did. Warmed it up for about 20 minutes, jacked up and opened the fill hole, since the fluid was up to operating temp it had expanded and so I was able to let out about a half quart of fluid out. Letting the car cool over night and the next morning I started it and added about a half quart of trans tune to the fluid. According to the can it cleans valves, screens etc. I proceeded to drive the car about 20 or so miles, came home, jacked it up and drained the fluid. It seemed to be a bit darker in color from the day before. I then did a new filter and pan gasket and filled it up with valvoline max life semi syn fluid and a 1/4 quart of Trans tune. Topped it off while running the engine. I have driven the car 3 times since and moves when it is cold and it shifts perfectly. It seems like it may have had a clogged solenoid screen or something in the valves. Hope it keeps up like this.