Thread: TCU Programming
View Single Post
Old 03-06-2013, 03:32 PM   #9
Jim Murphy

My Ride: 2006 E46 330Ci ZHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Murphy View Post
Trying to learn more about this issue, I first pressed the DSC button to turn it off (just the triangle light) and made a hard run. Transmission light came on and it went into the partial limp mode which I cleared. Next, I pressed the DSC button and held it down until both the triangle and brake lights came on. I again made a hard run and the transmission light came back on with the resulting partial limp mode - I cleared this.
I am told that there is a traction control module in the engine bay that I can disconnect and still drive the car. Will this do anything more than what I have already done?

Any help will be much appreciated.

TIA,
Jim

I just disconnected the module next to the master cylinder. First reaction is that the following has happened:
1. Speedometer is not working along with the MPG gauge
2. These lights are now on - traction control, brake, ABS and TPMS.

Driving is fine and the transmission shifts fine as well. The car feels a little edgy as I now have to adjust to any difference in surface grip. I can now
"peel out" from a standing start with not much throttle as both rear tires are controlled by my OS Giken LSD.
Later, after several hard run attempts I finally got the transmission light to come on and go into the partial limp mode - I stopped and cleared it.
My conclusion is that it now takes more to get the transmission light to come on. What does this mean?

Jim
Jim Murphy is offline   Reply With Quote