View Single Post
Old 03-09-2013, 06:13 PM   #330
eweis

My Ride: 1999 328i
Ok, I got under the car today and I think I see where the leak is coming from. Though I don't know that I'd call it a simple leak as it gushed out about a quart very quickly. I was hoping it was just one of the cooling lines but it looks like it's coming from the spot the green arrow is pointing to. You can see drips on the outside and looking through the inspection hole(?) in that housing, I could also see drips on the inside.

The photo with the orange arrow also looked suspicious but I couldn't imagine how the fluid could gush out of that spot where the two cooling lines come/go.

As suggested above, I also looked at the shift linkage but it sure didn't look like fluid was coming from there (not shown in photos).

So, what's the opinion? What is the source/problem if there is a severe leak from within? Does that mean that somehting like the torque converter is cracked or something? Is there anything else I can check?

Depending what I hear from everyone, I simply plan on refilling the fluid and test driving it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG1922 w-arrow.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	75.9 KB
ID:	494673   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG1916 w-arrow.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	88.9 KB
ID:	494675  
eweis is offline   Reply With Quote