View Single Post
Old 03-11-2013, 09:19 AM   #2
truekreation

My Ride: E36, E46, R53
The previous owner had actually fitted the sport steering wheel prior to me purchasing which worked out perfectly, one less thing for me to replace. He also upgrade the stalk so that the onboard computer could be used after being enabled by the dealership. Got rid of the horrible aluminum BavAuto shift knob and replaced it with a ZHP knob.

BMW Performance Intake and trunk liner installed. The engine bay is actually pretty clean, except for this layer of dust accumulation from the winter.

OEM rubber cargo tray along with my emergency/med kit, breaker bar, torque wrench, and wheel sockets.

Then one day...

I always try to park as far away as possible from other people and yet my car still manages to get pinged by someone. Someone hit my wheel pulling into a spot in a parking garage. Some tiny scratches on the paint too, but luckily it's around a dent that was already there. Still debating what color to re-paint them, I've always liked gunmetal but hyper silver is just so classy.

Moving forward.

I thought it'd be a simple bumper swap along with the pre-facelift brackets, but it turns out that there are also some brackets on the fender I needed to remove as well. The plastic rivets are a PITA to get out, but thankfully I bought some new ones so I just ripped the old ones out. Also the m-tech brake ducts didn't fit quite right with my wheel well liner, so I still needed to look into that.

Naked wagon:

M-Tech 1 on top, oem stock on bottom:

Back from paint!

I wasn't quite happy with the fitment of the aftermarket matte grills so I opted to get the high gloss black OEM BMW Performance grills.

It was also time to finally get rid of these nasty old mirrors and upgrade them to the euro blindspot glasses.

Last edited by truekreation; 03-11-2013 at 11:31 AM.
truekreation is offline   Reply With Quote