View Single Post
Old 03-14-2013, 04:59 PM   #1
4BUCK

My Ride: '01 A4 1.8TQM
Top stuck...suspect CVM wires 13/14

Top gets stuck midway through opening/closing just like everyone else!

I followed the troubleshooting tutorial and here's what I found:

I tested continuity among all the pins at the CVM. 9/18, 8/17, 7/16 all make a beep. The rest of the tests from the guide show a number in the 400s, except for 13/14. I'm assuming that means there's no continuity between 13/14 (Cowl Unlocked Sensor). I tested with the top half open - not sure if this matters.

I cut open the harness in the top, just above the drivers side window, expecting to see a broken wire or two where most people have resolved this issue. My Green/White (13) and Brown/Yellow (14) look fine - they aren't broken.

Do you think 13 and/or 14 are broken somewhere else? If so, where do you think another breakage point might be?

Do you think it's possible 13 and/or 14 are broken in that spot but the break is inside the wire itself (not visible)?

Do you think this means the Cowl Unlocked Sensor (S145) is broken?

I was thinking of running a wire from the CVM number 13 and/or 14 and splicing it into the harness past the last bend to the same wire. Presumably, if it's just a wire that's broken, the top would work after bypassing the broken wire. Just don't want to splice wires without getting some feedback first.

THANKS!
4BUCK is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.