View Single Post
Old 03-16-2013, 10:35 AM   #29
sammk

My Ride: Bone-stock E92
Quote:
Originally Posted by rapier7 View Post
The bigotry of Portman or his constituents? You're making your original statement more ambiguous because you latched onto a response directed to another person.
The bigotry of Portman, of course, because Portman is the subject of the discussion. I guess his far-right electorate could be faulted for the same reason but that's not what we're talking about in this post. Your lack of intelligence is starting to be a little disconcerting now..

Quote:
It is the job of Portman to represent his constituents. But obviously even in a conservative district, not everyone has the same views on every issue. So it comes down to discretion. If enough people like his discretion, he gets reelected. If not, he gets ousted.
So Portman, once elected, gets to deny basic rights to a certain section of the population to keep another section happy..? Based on his discretion? Now that makes a lot of ethical sense to me.

The issue is not about Portman getting reelected. The issue is about his 'change of heart' and what that says about him and what his ideas have meant for the people he has represented.

Quote:
He's a Senator of Ohio, whose electorate consists of a very large portion of socially conservative voters. And before that, he was a Representative in a very socially conservative district. He was representing their views.
Quote:
It is the job of Portman to represent his constituents. But obviously even in a conservative district, not everyone has the same views on every issue. So it comes down to discretion.
If that doesn't smack of ambiguity and equivocity I don't know what does.. You're a funny guy.

E92 convert. BMW Fanatic.
sammk is offline   Reply With Quote