View Single Post
Old 03-19-2013, 03:28 PM   #3
2000beamer

My Ride: 2000 323i
Good luck with the Audi. After hundreds of trips in both the E46 and E90, I have complaints about both's interiors. The E46 is nice, and I love the placement of the window controls, but the center armrest and cup holders just suck. I can fit one full size bottle and only a small can in the second holder. My companions always end up having to hold their drinks in their laps. Quite embarrassing. As far as the E90, I can't stand the window switch placement (as my friend above said,) and the drink holders are only mediocre. When driving with a taller passenger (such as my father or grandfather,) they always have to mind where their drink is in relation to their knee cap as the cup holder slides out and becomes bothersome. From a drivers perspective, both vehicles are surprisingly comfortable and fun to drive. I prefer the speed of the E90, but the braking and overall feel of the E46 trumps it. The 90 is considerably more comfortable on long highway trips as I LOVE the cruise control system compared to the E46. Also, the backseat in the E90 is (or at least it feels) more spacious and actually has cup holders back their too! The E90 has an advantage as far as being more technologically advanced with amenities such as blue tooth, navigation, and BMW assist. None the less, they're both extraordinary cars.