View Single Post
Old 03-22-2013, 10:08 AM   #15
Elephant1

My Ride: E30, E36, E46, E39
So in simple terms, I have a '99 323i and have access to a low cost 2004 ZHP motor and 6spd trans. I want to put that into my car.....how hard is this? I've heard/read everything from wiring issues to DME/security, ABS, etc....all major issues. But then I've heard that it's as simple as dropping it in, swapping to the 323 throttle body and using the 323 ECU/wiring and you're good to go. My thought is that if I simply drop the motor in and swap back to the 323 TB using all the stock 323 electronics and wiring I'm going to give up something, even if it is just that easy.

So first question.......is it just that easy to drop it in and hook up various 323 stuff to use all stock electronics/wiring? If so, what am I giving up powerwise...no way it's free. This a track car only so I don't have AC, don't care about it. I don't care about EWS or security except that car obviously needs to start and run properly. I'm removing the ASC so I don't care about that either. If it's easier I'm much prefer to keep the 323 "maunal" throttle pedal but am willing to switch if that's better, need quantification of what "better" means though.

Hopefully that's more clear. Thanks.
E39 540 6spd (wrecked, parting out)
E36 M3 (for sale as roller/race car project)
Elephant1 is offline   Reply With Quote